Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Future is WOW!


OK...I figured, I'm a photographer, and I have a blog...maybe I should talk more about photography!

Well Ohio University's School of Photojournalism is doing it's annual Dawn2Dusk shooting-bonanza (24 hours....Athens County....tons of photojournalism students....do the math!). Carol Fisher, from Nikon Professional Services brought the usual ammunition for the students to borrow. I of course was right in line. 

I ended up borrowing a D3 body. I've shot it once or twice, but nothing major. I also got to get my hands on the NEW 400mm f/2.8 lens with Vibration Reduction. I have yet to use it but I will be tomorrow....(blog coming soon!)

Well, I couldn't have the D3 just sitting next to me being a large, expensive paperweight. I had to SHOOT! So, I put on my 105 f/2.8 macro lens and went into the garden

The BIG hype about the D3 is the 6400 ISO with no visible noise. Now, I was a sceptic, and thought that 6400 with little noise would be nice. And I would find myself saying...who needs 6400?

I got out my tripod, like a good little flower photographer and went to work...50 ISO (NEAT)....100...600....1200.....3200! ....WAIT....Nothing ....NO NOISE.......Dare I???

YES....the above image was shot with a 6400 ISO...I shot in RAW+Basic and what I've uploaded is the Basic RAW Jpeg. 

Try not to drool...It's not good for keypads!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home