Thursday, February 26, 2009

If I see a light...I'm running towards it!!!


It has been a few weeks since I’ve last wrote. But this time I have a good excuse!!!

I have been on death’s door it seems battling a severe sinus infection. And oh what a time it has been!

Last week…after going through about 5 days of headaches I decided to go to the doctor…which is something I rarely do. I’m more the type of person who just likes to live through the pain rather than take medication for it. 

Well…I had had enough! My head hurt and I had two tests the following Friday.

I went into the doctor and got to sit in the lobby with many others who were all hacking up what was left of their lives…(all over me). The wait wasn’t too long and I soon was waiting for my doctor to come check me out….and waiting…..and waiting…..(texting)…..waiting!......(Holy Crap!...how many people die here while waiting)

The doctor walked in and to my joy was followed by a student doctor. So now I was being doubly examined and asked stupid questions. And I’m not one to tell a person how to do their job and I’m not a doctor at all….but I do know what is wrong with me and have a good idea of how to fix it!...well….that didn’t matter!

The doctor swabbed my throat and told me that my symptoms matched the “thing” that was going around. NOW…what I had been reading in the papers for the past week was how an outbreak of Bacterial Meningitis has occurred on the Ohio University campus! And throughout the week I had been given sadistic pep talks from my mother…who was once inflicted with Bacterial Meningitis….(all I got from these talks was…spinal taps….needles….paralyses….worst pain ever!)

I flipped out…but had no one to flip out on….the doctor and the bumbly student had left…I was alone…..(more texting)

After about 10 minutes I was getting rather annoyed. But soon enough a nurse came in and handed me a piece of paper and said …”Here are your prescriptions.” 

I was like…”WAIT….what is it?” ….she paused and told me what the prescriptions were…to which I interrupted and said…”NO!...What the Hell do I have?!!!”….I was rather upset…and fearing that I had Bacterial Meningitis….and then to have someone just arbitrarily hand me a piece of paper with medications written on it was the final straw.

I was eventually told and given my meds. So I left and went on with my merry life….or so I thought!

The weekend came and my ear was still hurting from all of the infectious disease that riddled my body. I pretty much knew that I had an ear infection as well…and the first round of meds should have taken care of it….WELL….THEY DIDN’T!!!

On Sunday I had a wedding show to attend and I was planning on stopping by and leaving. That was better said than done. The show had a few hundred people and our booth was especially busy,…so I had to stay…and wobble…..OH YES….WOBBLE….

Due to the ear infection….I have lost all of my balance…I know look like a drunk leaving a party and the other meds make me drowsy and slightly hallucinogenic….so I pray to God that I won’t get pulled over any time soon!

On Monday I thought death was imminent…I could barely move….so I went back to the doctors….more waiting….more sitting…..(more texting)

I now am sitting in class…after missing much of it….and am on my second round of antibiotics. They have now given me ear drops which help slightly, but I still have no balance at all. In fact…I just got done riding an escalator by myself and I thought I was going to die while on it…

Hopefully I will get to feeling better…but for now… wish me luck!!!

2 Comments:

At February 26, 2009 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Mary-Leah said...

Poor baby! I hope you feel better soon! That totally sucks. Stupid doctors. Should have gotten it all the first time around! Malpractice anyone?

 
At March 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think that my pep talks were "sadistic"...I consider them little jolts of motherly love and concern (even if the jolts were about 1,000 watts) for my son who was obviously knock knock knocking on heaven's door! LOL...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home