Sunday, August 3, 2008

Apparently...I'm allergic to Heather!










OK....I am loving Aberdeen and the area around it. I was fortunate enough to have my friends family drive me around yesterday and see some of the sites. We started out the day by going to a local park where there was a massive rose garden and an animal park. The animal park, had seen better days, but it was really neat to see something like that in a "city" park. 

This is where I had a tourist moment. I was looking in on a cage of parakeets and saw two out of the corner of my eye...one of which was calm and not moving...I sneaked up and took a few frames just as one of the birds flew. I got some pictures of the remaining bird...WOW....it's still not moving....I pulled the camera back and just frowned. The bird was PLASTIC!!!...everyone had a good laugh at the American. 

The next stop later in the evening was to a historical park. We went towards the closing hours and got in for free.  It was neat to see an area that was similar to an Ohio Historical Site. 

We then went on to Suie Hill and then onto the Don River. We climbed the hill..which was more than less a mountain...and got out of the car. I ran down the hillside to get knee-deep into the heather and to just to soak in the scenery. I got some great pictures, but realized that my eyes were burning and watering...yep...allergies. Being a nature photographer is killing me...literally!....It was well worth it though. The river was really nice as well....cold though!




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 3, 2008 at 5:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my little nature photographer...a plastic bird...you are too funny. Maybe when you get home we can build some buildings from Lincoln Logs and you can take pictures for Over The Back Fence.

 
At August 8, 2008 at 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A photographer like yourself who has photographed many a birds couldn't tell that it was plastic????!!! LOL...that was funny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home