Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A stroll in the Garden







When we think of gardens in America, we think of small little beds of flowers and maybe a few vegetables. The Scots are notorious for gardening and they do it like no-other!!!

I was looking for something to do yesterday and decided to make my way to the Royal Botanical Gardens...expecting a small park or something....Well, not only did I get a full blown park, but this area was completely staffed and included several glass houses! I was blown away...and it was FREE!

I wish we had something nice like this closer to home. 

I also got my 12mm lens the other day (Thanks Lori!). So now I can shoot really wide shots. The shot of the building is my college (Queen Margaret University) at sunset. It looks a little stark during the day, but the facility is new and needs for the trees and such to grow in around it. While photographing a swimming pond near the Uni, i discovered what a Midgie was....a mosquito...with an attitude! Within minutes, they swarmed all around me and let me know it!

Then just few short minutes after that a flash of lightening went across the sky...apparently...Scotland gets a lot of rain but not lightening and thunder...I was unaffected, but the locals were quite shaken. What was on my mind was that I was walking in a lightening storm with a tripod...and a camera...in a relatively flat area. (Exciting!) 

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 30, 2008 at 5:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures as always. Love the black and white. Still waiting for a picture of Starbucks...are you kidding me!!

 
At August 1, 2008 at 8:15 AM , Blogger alias said...

wow... jealous as usual! The Botanical Gardens look gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home